The first week of the move it was only Me, Reece, and Olie living here. I was able to paint it without all of the traffic that is usually around here.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
1. lightly sand until I got sick of that step and went straight to step 2
2. 2 coats of kilz primer
3. 2 coats of kilz paint (love this paint found at walmart)
4. 1 coats of a clear protector
5. a little gel stain rub and wipe off
6. another coat of clear protector
For the chairs
1. I spray primed until fully coated
2. spray painted (if you get that spray paint nozzle you will totally save your fingers)
3. I didn't antique these because I started and didn't like it, thought it was TOO much.
4. painted clear coat on it using a sponge brush (it worked the best)
There you have it and I LOVED how it turned out!
It matches our house perfect.
12 comments:
hey jeannie -- cute paint job! I love your blog!
gina
hey jeannie -- cute paint job! I love your blog!
gina
hey jeannie -- cute paint job! I love your blog!
gina
LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!
You are amazing!Love it!
So nice!
Good job! Is the table-top white, too? It's hard to tell from the pic, but it almost looks white-washed on top! Either way, it looks great!
I cant wait to see project numero dos!! That is so cute how you made it look antique, you have skills!!
That looks FABULOUs! A serious winner!
I was wondering if the top was white also. I am getting ready to do this to our kitchen table so I was excited to see these pics!
Your table looks fabulous! Don't you just love what a few coats of paint can do! Amazing!
Like you I have a wood table that I've been wanting to paint for years (since 2001!) and I hope to accomplish the project this year. Your table turned out GREAT!
Post a Comment