Monday, February 22, 2010

'the crud'

 
We've had 'the CRUD' at our house this weekend.Baby Crew has been sick since last Wednesday up almost every night...all night. Riley and I woke up Saturday morning with sore throats and then the fevers/chills set in.
Kyle has been taking care of all of us...along with Grandma Beus. Grandpa Beus high-tailed it out of here on Sunday morning, but Grandma is stuck here because she flew here.

We've been at the doctor all day today. Riley and I have strep throat and baby has his first ear infection.
Thank goodness for antibiotics we should be on the mend now.

So while we were at Crew's appointment today it was Kyle, Riley, me, and Crew. Kyle was taking Crew and following the nurse to get his weight. Riley and I overheard the nurse ask Kyle if he was the 'grandpa' or the 'dad'.  hee hee Riley and I laughed so hard our throats hurt so bad it was almost turning into a cry. So I've been calling him 'gramps' all day now.  She must have thought that we were bringing in our teenage daughter and baby. So then I started thinking if she thinks Kyle is the grandpa then that means she thinks I'm the grandma. Not so funny now.  

Before all of the crap hit the fan we did have a fun BIRTHDAY for my mom.We had lunch with her sisters some cousins and we got to see Grandpa Gilbert too. This was probably his last trip to Utah. He's went down hill a lot and just to think it was about a year ago we had him dancing at a wedding and playing wii bowling with us.

Then we topped off the night with some BOWLING/ICECREAM, came home and snuggled in with a fun movie to watch, which was the 'Time Travelers Wife." I was wondering why I wasn't warned about this movie and about how WEIRD it was. I actually felt bad making Kyle sit through it.

One last random note:
One day coming home from picking up the school kids, I over heard this conversation with Reece and his friend that was having a Birthday on Saturday.
  
Reece asked him what he wanted for his Birthday. 
His friend answered that he wanted 2 pet snakes to go with his two pet frogs he already has. 
So then Reece said 'OK don't tell anyone else', 
you know so we can get him his 2 pet snakes. 
So we wrapped up some Legos and put this snake card on it and told him to be REALLY careful when he opens it.
I wish I would have had time to get him one of those SNAKES in a can gag gifts. That would have been awesome!

6 comments:

jenny said...

sorry you've been sick. we're in the same camp down here. lol about grampa kyle.

Heather C. said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling cruddy. Hope you feel better soon. Spring weather (and less sickness) is just around the corner, right??

Mary and Ryan said...

I am so sorry you are so sick with crap sickness! I hope you didn't get it here from my kids! Anywho you might need to write a letter to airborne now that goes something like this: Dear airborne: WHaT the HELL! Fail me once shame on you!

Feel better soon! xoxo

jamie heaps said...

i think matt jincks ya with all the "that crap dosnt work" conversations. nothing worse then being sick and sick kids. im so sorry wish i could be there to give you a good rub... bum adn feet.

Andrea said...

You have strep?! If I wasn't sick myself I would make you some delicious soup but I don't want to compound your sickness with my cold. :) Hang in there!!!

Rebecca said...

The snake in a can is a big favorite in my family, going back to the one my Grandpa had in his basement that I loved to play tricks with as a kid. If you find out where to get those, let me know! I need to stock up.