Wednesday, March 3, 2010

APPLES FOR SALE

On Saturday Reece kept wanting a job to do to earn some money. I told him to go and wash some of the fuji APPLES grandpa brought us so we could give them to some neighbors. He kept telling me 'NO-I want to sell them- I need the money.' I put him off for hours by telling him NO NO NO and trying to come up with other things for him to do. Finally Kyle said - 'JUST let him do it.' So his nice dad helped him make a sign and put a table up. He had so much fun....oh NO...he's going to want to do this all the time now.

The kid did pretty good. He washed 15 apples and sold 15 apples...and then he was satisfied and off he went to play!

My little entrepreneur!!

6 comments:

scott & ashley said...

so...this totally reminds me of a little someone named spencer!!

Trisha said...

oh my gosh I love that kid. What a bright idea, and it WORKED! Way to go. Whats next?? Lemonade? Candy stand? Cotton Candy? The possibilities are endless. :)

Gentry Gang said...

We should get him and our Isabel together. They'd be rich!

Gasaway Family said...

Oh man, I would have bought a fuji apple straight from Uncle Dale's farm in Washington, YUMMY!

jamie heaps said...

reece matt is so proud right now... a penny saved to day... well you know what he says

Mary and Ryan said...

Reece, I would have totally bought an apple from you, maybe even two! Smart kid, I can't wait till he is raking in the dough:)