Wednesday, September 29, 2010

things I dream about - day 3 of challenge

It's been frustrating to me lately living at my house!
I'm so disorganized. I have TOOOO much darn stuff and no place to put it!
This base construction is really getting to me. I SO thought it would be done by now.
I tried to plant a money tree last year but it failed to produce any dollars :(
 
I've been trying to make some new fall goodies but I could crank so much fast if I had an office to go to when all the kids are playing or asleep. A place where I could leave a project and then return to it unharmed. A place where little hands can't get it and destroy all my hard work!
Here are some beautiful rooms that I found that I've been dreaming about.
They are kind of my inspiration for my new basement that may or may not EVER get finished!
We are close but yet SO far!

I feel bad not giving credit to the blogs to which I've stolen these beautiful photos.
I did not keep track of where I found them.
This is what I've been dreaming about making my new office/studio to look like.When I get discouraged I just take a quick gander at this and know that SOMEDAY I will make this happen :)

I would LOVE for my entryway to look more like this with a big chunky round mirror and cute hutch to fit all my goodies into!
These colors are my INSPIRATION for my basement. I WILL absolutely paint something this
FANTASTIC bright blue/green!  I've also painted all the wall this gray color to which I've had many sleepless night over and almost repainted twice. I've decided to stay COMMITTED to it!
I LOVE the other little touches of color also. I have a hard time keeping things simple and subtle - I'm all about TOO much color usually. I'll really have to restrain myself.
I will be mixing lots of masculine BROWNS with our gray basement.
I don't think Kyle wants it all frilly.
I love the POP of color this red chair adds! Is it red or orange? I'm not sure but I like it!
What I wouldn't give for a mirror and chair like that!! I LOVE old vintagy items like this to really add some FUNK to a space. I also wish I could get my hands on that HUGE frame. If it was mine I would add some mesh to the back and use it to display earrings......*sigh* .... a girl can always dream...right?

the end

4 comments:

Mary and Ryan said...

I have a feeling your basement is going to be even more beautiful than these pictures. You are so good at decorating, I can't wait to see what you do!

Trisha said...

Im thinking when your basement is done and you post pics...people will be stealing pics off of your blog and posting that they want their basement to look just like yours!!

MaryClaire Brown said...

no more stressing for you! that's what i've decided. your basement will be finished and it will be fabulous and make you love your house even more. ps. it' 2:30 and i haven't had a diet coke, and i'm not dying for one either. yay for me. now, talk to me in a couple hours and i may have a different story to tell.

JaMie HeApS said...

me likee them all jean. they all so much of a jean style to them.

and if your wanting to know how to plant a money tree, ask the t-horneys theres always seems to be in full bloom:)