Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ornament Party 2007


So this is how it works: everyone brings 8 of the most fabulous ornaments and goes home with 8 fabulous ornaments
I make one for everyone and get to pick out one of everyone's, that is the perk of hosting the party!! Yipee for me. I don't force them to be handmade because I want it to be fun but I
encourage handmade or at least embellished a bit for a personal touch.
Then we have a couple little side drawings and
we vote for the favorites and people get prizes!
The fun part is I make everyone draw a number to see when they get to pick their bag
and it gets a bit competitive, you know pushing shoving,
yelling, pulling hair, I LOVE IT! oh and we eat yummy food until we are sick!



It was a great party and I think everyone went home happy
with their ornaments. They all turned out
so cute. Some people went all out and made such cute handmade ornaments.
I love the cute purchased ornaments too. I love how they really
reflect on who a person is and their style. I always force everyone
to write their names on them and the year so I can I always remember who
made what ornament on my tree. I LOVE IT!!
After everyone left
I just sat there and thought about all the wonderful people
I have made friends with since we have lived here and how I am
going to miss them terribly!

the end

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Jean...seriosuly, you have got to stop making me cry! I keep trying to pretend it's not real that you are moving...and then you go and remind me!

But on a happier note....that party was FANTASTIC! seriously, I loved ALL the ornaments! I love your cute post! We must be on the same wavelength, because I just finished posting the ornaments i got and then I saw your post! Freaky!

Dancersmama said...

What a cute little tradition you got going! I love it!! Looks like everyone brought very cute ornaments!!

JaMie HeApS said...

what a party it was so funn seeing all the pic of the girls and the ordinments!! i deffinatly think this was the winner year!!!! dammit i missed the goods. foxy though very foxy

E-llo said...

WOW! Those were great ornaments! I am with Jamie, it really looks like people went all out! Those might be the best ornaments ever!

Jolene and Kayla said...

Sounds fun! Wish I could have been there! -Jo