Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Diet Coke and a Pizza Please!



UM Excuse me......... has anyone noticed my big news on the side. I mean this is big, HUGE news!

I'm preg........

J/K I'm off of Diet Coke!!!! It's been a whole week and a half and PURE torture!

I've done this before.... you know.. tried to quit the addiction of the sweet nectar of the GODS! This time I am WAY more serious about it. I put that ticker up so I would be accountable to someone. I want to see the number grow larger!

There are plenty-O things I will miss and here are some of them:

my most recent is my favorite drink at SONIC (DC with a squirt of lime, squirt of Cherry), calling it a "ONE/TWO" (you know, "Hayden go get me a "one/two", getting one EVERY time I get into a car, having one at dinner, having one at the pool, squeezing the lime, calling it JUICE, my fridge in the garage full of it, putting mentos in it for a homemade explosive (thanks to Paul), it getting me through many a presidency meetings ( I would have never made it otherwise, through a few of those doozies), telling my kids they can't have it because it will make them SHRINK, hee hee, the sound of the can opening (KSHHHH), getting most of my friends addicted also, playing cards while downing a few, um..... the list pretty much could go on all day!!!

So here is my tribute to getting OFF the SAUCE!

13 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

SHUT UP YOUR GIVING IT UP... WHY I DONT KNOW IF JEAN GOSE WITH OUT A DC BY HER SIDE..... HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR BOOK AND THANKS AGIAN FOR HELPING ME WITH MY BOYS, YOU MY LAMB.

Mary and Ryan said...

You know I will be of no help getting you off the sauce, every time Ryan tries I just buy more to tempt him:) Good job though, seriously that is no easy task. Im proud of you!

Miranda said...

Yes- thanks to you, I can not get off the stuff. I vividly remember telling David that I never drink soda. Voila- I met Jean and a few games nights of cards, and I can't shake the dang monkey! Now it's chocolate AND Diet soda!!! Best of luck to you!!!!

Trisha said...

Good for you...but I have to say I got all excited when you said preg... Dang!

Wendy said...

How funny! I have tried getting off of it a few times. I succeed and then it just draws me back into it's trap. MMMM I thihk I need to go to the fridge and pop a fresh one.:)
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Dancersmama said...

Hmmm, I'm not addicted though, so I can stay drinking the sweetness! However, I have limited it to only one a day and that works for me. Plus I make sure I down a ton of water. I don't want to dehydrate myself again and my body make a kidney stone again. Ugh!!

Mel said...

come on just go have one - everyone is doing it!!

E-llo said...

I have given it the diet cola before as well and it SUCKS! It always gets me back though! I bet you have lost weight though. Way to go! I know how hard it is. Keep it up, unless we go out to dinner.

Gentry Gang said...

Hey - You've been busy on your blog. I had no idea you had Diet Coke "issues." I'm with your friend Trish, I was excited for one second about the preggo news. Then you and I could have kids the same age AGAIN.

Kylee Brown said...

HOLY COW! You are BRAVE!!!!!!! I will pray for you... :)

Casey said...

WHAT?????!!!! I have known you for how long and I NEVER thought you could go this long with out a DC. Way to go. How are you feeling? How were the withrdrawals? ANy shakes?

jeannie said...

Amazingly I don't really get headaches. Withdrawals from the habit stink! I just keep drinking Crystal Light everytime I have the erge and lots of water. I know people that know me really well know that this is an amazing task for me.

Heatherbether said...

I'm going to use your inspirational story to try to get Nathan off Pepsi. He claims he's not addicted but he's gone so far as to visit a vending machine on the Sabbath....hmmmm.