I spoke with my friend last night and today is a very important day for her husband Rafe. We are praying that things will go well today. I know that most of my blogger friends don't know him but please pray for him and his family today.
Over the past week we have been talking about making New Year's resolutions. After much thought I'm for going my usual lose 50 pounds resolution or going off Diet Coke which never seems to last for more than a week.
This year I'm going to try my best to mine is to give my sweetie lots more love and attention. Maybe I could try and not get annoyed so much the stupid little stuff that doesn't matter. Most of the time I'm so busy with kids, work, and church, he is about the last person on my list that gets my attention too. He is going to be so excited if he reads this but I'm sure very skeptical if I can do this. The second on my list is to be a more tender-hearted mom. Kyle is the tender one at our house not me. Although we both have a agreed that our family motto is to "suck it up", or "walk it off" or to "don't make eye contact" (that one I will for sure still do).
Being tender-hearted does not come natural to me. Reece had a bit of an accident over the weekend and his face is all scabbed up now. I guess I didn't react very tender about it and am feeling kind of bad. Thus, I need to be more tender-hearted.There is still about a million things I can improve on as a mom and this is one thing I definitely need to work on.

4 comments:
OH I LOVE THIS ONE.... YOU AND KYLE ARE SO PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER, HES GUNNA LOVE ALL THE ATTENTION AND LOVING, SEND HIM SOME FROM ME TOO! I THINK YOUR WATCHING RAFE AND HIS CUTE WIFE AND LEARNING ALOT ABOUT NOT TAKING GRANTED OF WHAT YOU HAVE, WHAT A GIFT THEY ARE GIVING YOU.
and you so can not fool me i know how tender hearted you are, i've cought some tears coming out of those eyeballs more then i can count, but we can pretend it you want. and the reece thing so how i would have reacted, i like it, it makes em tough:)
Amen! That's what I need to do. Tim and I have even had conversations about the fact that he ends up last on my list way too often. I always feel bad. Thanks for the reminder. And you know me - no tender heart here. We have the same mottos - "suck it up." We also say, "Is it bleeding? Then your fine."
Jean you are one of the most tender hearted people I know, for reals, always thinking about others and their feelings. I might try to take the "suck it up" motto for my resolution, we all know my kids could use a little of that:) You and Kyle are the sweetest and I would love to see his cute smile when he reads this post:) and for sure I will pray for Rafe(do we need any more proof of your tender heart) Love ya:)
I agree with all the other comments...you are the most thoughtful tender person. Really the whole auction you did is living proof of that. But I like your resolutions...I know I could work on those same things too :)
Post a Comment